Finals week has finally arrived, I have my first final tomorrow! Wednesday I don't have anything because that was an AP class and Monday is double final for my double language (Spanish & Japanese<--should be easy hehe).
Anyhow I'm going to be reviewing the Kose Clear Turn Essence White Mask today. This is the description of the product on Sasa: Essence with Vitamin C conductor soaked the whole box of mask. It penetrates throug horny layer to whiten your skin with transparent feeling.
HAHA horny layer?? Gotta love "engrish" descriptions...
I purchased this mask box of 22 masks at Mitsuwa market in Edgewater, NJ. The box was on sale for $15.99, I'm not sure what the original price is. Somehow on Sasa this mask box is only $8.50, maybe it's on sale? However at the moment it is sold out on Sasa. This mask sheet box comes in three other kinds: Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen, Q10. I really want to try the Hyaluronic Acid one...
These masks have less serum in them so you can use them everyday, or 2-3 times a week, depending on your preference. Even though they might have less serum, I think they're pretty effective. The recommended time to leave this mask on is 10-15 min, I like to leave it for 15-20 min.
I've used this mask every other day for the past week and it's very refreshing! The previous week I was having problems with hydration around my eyes; the skin was flaking and red due to allergies (I was scratching my eyes). After I started using this mask, all of the flaky skin went away gradually and my skin was really hydrated.
- No sticky residue left over
- Product claims to fit nicely on the face -- I agree, it's better than the DHC fitting
- 22 masks for $16 is a good deal
- I like to use this almost everyday because masks are refreshing to me
- Hydrates my face without causing any breakout/reaction/oiliness
- Slight brightening after removal
- Packaging is a little flimsy: reseable flap sometimes doesn't seal securely
- Serum doesn't dry quickly after removal: need lots of patting
- The mask sometimes dries up quickly on one side and flaps around my face
Overall rating: 4/5
How the mask fits on my face:
How the box looks like:
What it looks like when opened:
So remember how I told you that I was going to the Estee Lauder/Aramis Warehouse sale on Saturday June 13th? Well... That was a disappointment!! I was hoping to find some huge MAC sales going on since it is after all, Estee Lauder warehouse. I woke up at 6AM and left the house at 6:45 AM to pick up two friends and go to Oakland, NJ. There was a small line of people when we got there are 7:15 AM. Then as time passed the line got longer and longer. Most of the people there were the hispanic workers that I think worked at the warehouse, since they seemed to know the employees at the warehouse sale. There were some younger people who seemed like they were interested in MAC products (like me) and maybe watched those Youtube videos of people buying lots of stuff at the Toronto MAC warehouse.
I went into the warehouse and browsed through the whole place and didn't find anything! The stuff they had were like Aramis/Estee Lauder perfume sets, Clinique set bags, Estee Lauder set cosmetic pouches, and one little Bobbi Brown set pouch. None of the things were that enticing or "rare items" like the MAC finds that people get in the Toronto warehouse T-T
Anyway, so here's how the process goes with these warehouse sales:
- Line up (make sure you go early before it opens or you will not get the good stuff)
- Enter, check ID with pass, then grab a box with a string on it
- Follow a line and keep moving while grabbing stuff (if you find anything.. haha)
- Get a mix bag if you want surprises and good deal
- Better to pay with cash because sometimes the credit line is long
- Ask the employees for product info if you don't see a specific brand! The Estee Lauder warehouse I went to had a Company Store in the back that had MAC, Clinique, Estee Lauder, and Bobbi Brown makeup products (similar to CCO)
I went into the Company Store in the back that was a lot like CCO but I feel the CCO in Woodbury had more stuff! There was a limited selection and I only purchased 2 MAC eyeshadows: Lotusland and Top Hat (pretty colors, price is meh (not bargain cheap that you would expect in warehouses) $10.25). My mom got two Bobbi Brown e/s.
My friends and family were so disappointed that we went to the nearby town called Ridgewood, looking for some place to eat at. We were originally planning to eat some dimsum but it was closed.. So then we found this great pancake house that is specialized in JUMBO pancakes for cheap price! It comes with two large size pancakes or 4 medium size (which looks like large to me). Each large pancake was the size of a small pizza! It was so large... We also ordered french toast and belgian waffles which were both gigantic as well.
Then we stopped by the Container Store for some organizer for my kitchen and I picked up these two travel shampoo bottles for 79 cents each. They look okay :)
I'm still having a blog sale right now -- please help support my trip to Japan! All purchases come with samples and next day/day after shipping! Thanks everyone who has previously purchased from me! CLICK HERE TO BROWSE
Whit is having her first giveaway sponsored by a Korean ebay seller: Click here to win an eye mask pack!
Lulu is also having her first giveaway: Click here to win a Korres watermelon body scrub, cute keychains and UD lippie!