Tuesday, August 4, 2009

REVIEW: DHC Q10 Liquid Foundation + FOTD: Peachy Bronze

I was asked to do a review on the DHC Q10 Liquid Foundation quite a while ago by IchigoBunnie, sorry to keep you waiting!

I briefly reviewed this product in the past but never took any pictures of the product on my face. Also I reviewed it in the winter, not summer so the results may be different.

The shade I have is Pink Ocher 02, I was not matched by a SA. I actually received this from a family member who did not match this shade so I don't know if this shade actually is that perfect for me. So far it is pretty good match I suppose?
The bottle is not that big and it contains 1 fl. oz of foundation fluid. There is a nozzle so it is hygenic, you do not have to keep dipping fingers into a jar or anything like that. This is one of the features that I like about this foundation.

Site description: "Sheer and glowing. Not too heavy, not too light--sheer, moderate SPF 15 coverage that's just right. Enriched with age-defying coenzyme Q10, hydrating olive oil, and UV damage--fighting olive leaf extract, help even out skin tone and give yourself a beautiful glow. Non-greasy texture feels weightless on skin."

There's more info on the DHC site, access the link here. There is a variety of shades that match shades for all ethnicities, not only Asian complexions. The cost of this foundation is $17.50 USD.

Texture is quite runny, look at it dripping along my palm. This means that it provides sheer coverage. The coverage on me is sheer, does not cover any dark freckles I have (or beauty spots, whatever you want to call them).

Here it is blended a little on my hand. I got a little tan on my hand so it might not match perfectly on the hand...

Haha scary face~ No foundation, just moisturizer on the face. I am facing a window just in case you were wondering.

So you can see that it didn't really cover much. But it did even out my complexion a little. The finish is not exactly dewy but it is glowy. It is a little on the matte side? This foundation is not very moisturizing so it seeps into lines or dry skin. You might want to avoid that by putting on a primer beforehand. In this picture I did not use a primer and I did not use a finishing powder.

A little bit more closeup on the face.

Overall
After about 6-7 hrs I blotted around nose, cheek and forehead area. I get the most oily around the nose, other areas don't get that oily.

Pros:
- Sheer if you like light coverage
- Glowy but not overly dewy
- Natural finish
- Light for humid weather
- Lots of shades to match different skintones
- Easy access in US - order from DHC US website
- Nozzle application, not messy

Cons:
- Runny formula
- A little drying in the wintertime
- Settles into dry skin, need to use primer

FOTD of the day, Peachy Bronze look. I attempted a tutorial and I have the pics but didn't get to cropping them just yet... Hopefully I will post them tomorrow.
Eugh my cheeks are so chubby -___-;

Products Used:


Face
- DHC Q10 Liquid Foundation
Cheeks
- Canmake Cheek Gradation 3 Cheek & 1 Highlight in 02
Eyes
- Visee Brilliance Forming Eyes in A-1 Pink
- Sisley Phyto-Khol Perfect Eyeliner in Brown
- Clinique High Definition Lashes Mascara
Lips
- Maquillage Lip Essence EX
- Laura Mercier lipgloss in Petal Glace

19 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the review! I have dry skin and freckles, so I know this is not for me.

I love you peachy colours!

amynaree said...

great review, i was thinking of getting the cream version of this!

Shopn'Chomp said...

What a cute look on you, and thank u for the review!

Blair said...

I like your look!!! The point makeup must be a part of your haul in Japan =D

jenna said...

Very nice, I like that foundation on you it looks like you have naturally flawless skin. Pretty! Thanks for the review! Especially your notes about dry skin :)

ning * star said...

wow...smooth out! and it matches your skin tone really well

Edna said...

Thanks for the review. Too bad its so sheer :( Pssh hush about your "chubby" cheeks. You will miss them when you lose your baby fat (take me for example) :P

IchigoBunnie said...

thank you so much for the review! no worries about the wait. it was worth it :)

Catherine said...

Thanks for the review. =) Love your peachy bronze look - it really suits you!

stellarvixen said...

good review and good photos!!
one of my visee has HIT the pan..
lemming for new one..ehehe

you do hav very even tone skin~~how envious

Natgn said...

Hey great review and fabulous look! Your skin looks flawless =)

dreamer0703 said...

wow..you have very good skin, I thought any foundation would look good on you!

Emily said...

wah so pretty look :D thanks for the DHC Q10 liquid foundation review

i was wondering if u know where i can buy that Maquillage Lip Essence EX online? tell me when u have time thanks http://ohwowsorandom.blogspot.com/

glitteryeyesxx said...

You have flawless skin! :D

fuzkittie said...

Looove your FOTD Mika!!! You look soo cute!! The foundation looks great~ :]

IchigoBunnie said...

o wait i do have a question if you dont mind :)

so you only have that foundation on right? no setting powder, etc?

I have combination oily acne prone skin so i wasn't sure how much this foundation would hold up on me.

thank you!

Zoe said...

Great review..U look pretty in those pictures^^

Gui said...

I love the closeup face shoot of u,ur skin looks seriously glowing~

Allina said...

Are you unable to cope with the wrinkles in your face? If your facial deformity is making you unattractive in front of your hubby and he is drifting away from you, then it is time for you to find out an appropriate solution. A host of skincare treatments are available to erase the wrinkles from your face completely but if you opt for the Revitol cream, the look of your face would be entirely changed and the lines on your face would be a matter of a bygone era. Revitol cream is a product of the Revitol company and all Revitol natural skincare products are available for you at www.herbsncures.com/.