Saturday, March 14, 2009

Makeup Removers Continued... TESTING TRIALS

Ok, I have taken pictures and tested the following makeup removers out! PHOTO HEAVY POST! I put on Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara and MAC eyepencil kohl in Phone Number (only because the tip of my pencil broke so I used the little broken off bit).


In order: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Lancome Bi-Facil, Clinique Makeup Solvent Remover, Phythea Deep Cleansing Gel, DHC Soft Touch Cleansing Oil.
The cleansers and my arm with eyeliner and mascara in the middle (darker circle). The fifth blob of eyeliner is from my broken tip. Haha you can see my slippers in the 2nd pic... :)
All cleansers were applied, then rubbed around a bit, and tissued off.
FIRST TEST: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

SECOND TEST: Lancome Bi-Facil
THIRD TEST: Clinique Rinse Off Eye Makeup Solvent

FOURTH TEST: Phythea Skin Revive Deep Cleansing Gel

FIFTH TEST: DHC Soft Touch Cleansing Oil

I forgot to do the La Mer Cleansing Fluid test so here it is.

SIXTH TEST: La Mer Cleansing Fluid



The Final Results:
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - Very good at removal and leaves skin moisturized. I think this has to be washed off for all of the mascara to be removed. I only used tissue in these tests.
Lancome Bi-Facil - Had better removal power than DHC by a fraction. Like DHC I think this should be washed with water to remove everything.
Clinique Rinse Off - Wow! I was shocked by this product. I didn't think it would get everything so well. It really dissolved the makeup. This isn't oil based so it removed everything without water.
Phythea Deep Cleansing Gel - I got this from my mom's friend and it's supposed to be this organic brand. I looked on the back of the bottle and the price is about 4500 yen. Pretty expensive! This didn't really remove much. I think it's ok... This probably needs water to totally remove everything.
DHC Soft Touch - The difference between this and the Deep Cleansing is that you can use this when your skin is wet. I'm not really sure if it works as well though. This was pretty good but I kind of cheated and rinsed with water.. hehe proves my point about oil-based cleansers needing water to totally remove makeup.
La Mer Cleansing Fluid - OMG! Great removal. This is an oil based cleanser and it has some pretty shimmery stuff in it (idk what it's for). I just put it on, rubbed it around, then it all came off with tissue! I am amazed :D This cleanser doesn't need water to remove makeup!

Final Verdict:
#1 - La Mer Cleansing Fluid
#2 - Clinique Rinse Off
#3 - Lancome Bi-Facil
#4 - DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
#5 - DHC Soft Touch - I cheated so the real result after tissuing was some black smearing.
#6 - Phythea Gel

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey girl, I'm Steph, just stopping by :)

I like your blog, and I love the quality of your posts!

Stephanie said...

In that case, welcome to the world of beauty blogging! :D

Do you live near a Cosmetic Company Outlet? It's worth the drive.

I'm also a jewelry artisan, check out my jewelry blog (i'm so advertising right now) haha


www.dskjewelry.blogspot.com

You'll see quite a few girls on blog with my jewelry ^^

It is nice to meet you!

beeyoutiful7 said...

hello blogger lady ! =)
I found your blog through Nic Nic!
This entry was very helpful !
I've tried La Mer Cleansing Fluid and they work lovely. But I am using Lancome right now and it works pretty well..I just wish that it wasn't too greasy. =)

thanks, this was helpful!

looking forward to read more!

Jennifer-

meowie said...

hey!
i got my makeup bag in hong kong at a store called "ans" !!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

some great comparisons! Wow la mer is so expensive, so im no surprised that its the best out of the bunch. You should try take the day off by Clinique, see how that compares to the other clinique and bi-facil!!

Anonymous said...

This is great! I might pick up Clinique Rinse Off... I love oil-free stuff so I don't get break outs. :)

Coco said...

I've been using DHC Deep Cleansing Oil ever since I tried it the first time.I never really liked Clinique,but I'll get the Rinse Off to try next time,seems like working well.