Thursday, March 5, 2009

First Post - Current Nails

Hi! This is my first post on my blog. I decided to make a blog because I have been silently reading many beauty blogs for a while and I want to join the community! I'm passionate about skincare, nails, and makeup even though I'm not very experienced with applying makeup.

First, let me introduce myself.
I'm Mika and I'm still an HS student but I will be going to university in one year. I'm not crazy about wearing a lot makeup to school because I don't have much time and I believe that I should embrace my bare skin while I can. ^^;
I'm just an amateur but I'll try to post helpful information for everyone!
Ok for my first post I'm going to talk about my current manicure! I've had these nails for three days now but I got some tip wear because I spent the whole night baking cupcakes yesterday for a bake sale! They were very successful :D
Pink Gradient Nails (courtesy to Nail Juice tutorial )

I used these polishes in this order:
Barielle Hydrating Ridge Filler Base Coat (with Silk Fiber)
Nicole by OPI in City-Pretty Rose (on tips only)
Zoya in Starla (in 3 layers--follow Nail Juice's tutorial to achieve same look)
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


Haha please ignore my textbook up there ^
That's all for now~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gah! I love the gradient look, but I couldn't get it to work for me the first time I tried it. I think the pink I used wasn't sheer enough so I'll be trying again when a sheer Zoya I ordered comes in. Anyway, your nails are so cute! You wear the gradient look so well, it's lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I got distracted by your cute nails and totally forgot to mention what I wanted to say! I'm Asami from My Manicure by the way. I'm glad you got Nail Tek's Extend - I love that stuff! It's my favorite solvent. When you get around to trying it just add in 2-3 drops, mix it up, check on it and add 2-3 more, etc. It's easy to overdo it. I saw somebody put a whole dropper in at once and I was like, "Nooooo!" Haha. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah... okay, one last thing! Just a helpful hint. :)

With the Extend, it comes with a dropper and a regular cap. With my first bottle I tossed the regular cap and just closed the bottle with the dropper-top. DON'T do that. Keep the regular cap on and just use the dropper when you need it, because the regular cap seals way better. When I had the dropper-top on, the rubber seal caused my Extend to evaporate. It'll last you a lot longer if you keep the regular top on. :)

Unknown said...

Aw, thank you so much Asami! I appreciate the comments and I wish you luck on the gradient nail look when you get the Zoya polishes!
I'll definitely try out Nail Tek's Extend and let you know on how it is. I hope I don't mess up with the dropper because I'm such a spaz. Haha, your tips are so funny and helpful! I'll make sure to KEEP the regular cap :D

Anonymous said...

I'm always glad to share my little weird tips, haha. :)

Whenever I leave a comment, two seconds later I remember an additional bit of information I wanted to leave. Sigh.

Curvy Petite said...

Thanks for following! I love it. Thanks for a picture review of the makeup removers! I was just in need of it